Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Final Moment

I remember a time, when I took part in a race
When I got nervous, seeing the audience, face to face

I had practised a lot, and it was not a fake
But my fear-inflicted heart asked, what if others overtake

Then the moment came, and the race was about to start
I cud feel my nerves and the beats of my heart

The shot was fired, and I leaped towards the rope
I gave it all I had, and I was full of hope

The power that I pushed in, and the pain I had had
Soon proved out to be useless, and I became sad

In the final 2 meters, 3 runners overtook me
Failure was everywhere, as far as I could see

I was disappointed, I got no medal, no fame
And then I realized,
It doesn't matter whether you win or lose
What matters is, that you played the GAME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suman,
The poem was going on nice, but the last 6 lines were very cliched.
I tried to refine ur poem by modifying the last few lines to maintain the same spirit and form u intended.

The power that I pushed in, and the pain I had had
Was indeed overbearing, and not just a tad

Racers were zooming past me, one by one
Frustration and anger was rising, not the thrill of having won !!!

How could I lose something I had given so much time
Isn't there justice for an effort so divine?

Or wait, was life teaching me a lesson here, saying "Hey man its just a game",
Just a single loss wouldnt prove that, oh, you are a ,lame!

Efforts will bring rewards sooner or later,
Till then continue in all zest, just to make things better :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page